Frequently Asked Questions

How do I check the status of a project?

There are many ways to check the status of a file:

  • Email our status department.
  • Call Same Day Process TOLL FREE: 1-844-737-8331
  • Establish an electronic bridge to your case management software.
  • Log in to our secure client portal.

What is included in the civil process service affidavit of diligence?

Our affidavit of diligence is an added bonus for our clients. We put together an affidavit that compiles detailed notes from the process server, results of the skip trace report and standard case information.

Does Same Day Process file the proof of service on my behalf?

Yes, we file the affidavit free of charge for the Washington, DC Superior Court. We can also file at other courts outside the District of Columbia for a small courier fee.

Do I need to file a proof of service and do you automatically send one?

  1. Yes, the court must be notified your party has been served by filing an affidavit of service.
  2. Yes, we mail the affidavit back to the requestor. If we file the affidavit on your behalf, you will receive a conformed copy.

What times of day do your process servers attempt service?

Our process servers attempt service at all times of the day and night. Residences are typically attempted in the mornings and evenings. If you believe the subject will be home during the day, please let us know and we will attempt to serve the document accordingly.

Businesses are normally attempted between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., unless the business has odd hours.

What are your fees?

We do not list our prices on our website because every service is unique and our fees depend on several factors. Contact us to request a quote.

We offer volume service discounts for law firms, NAPPS members and private investigative firms.

What are Same Day Process server's names for an Application of Special Process Server, Small Claims?

Washington DC Small Claims Division requires an Application of Special Process Server be filed before service is completed. The Application of Special Process Server must list the approved process server's name on the document. Please contact our knowledgeable staff and ask for a copy of the Application of Special Process Server pre-filled out with our process server’s names before filing legal documents.

Can a Sherriff serve my paper in the District of Columbia?

No, MPD officers will not serve legal documents.

Can a Sherriff serve my legal documents in Virginia, Maryland or any other U.S. State?

Yes, a Sheriff can serve your legal documents in Virginia and Maryland, although this is not recommended. You may experience difficulty in getting the documents served, and most are not served in a timely manner, if at all. A significant number of our clients use our services subsequent to the sheriff.

Who do I call with questions about my invoice?

For questions about your account, or for inquiries about a specific project, please contact our knowledgeable and courteous staff.

I have failed in serving my legal documents through several sources, what can Same Day Process do for me?

Please see the information on evasive subjects, stakeouts and stings.

Browse Our Latest Blog Posts:

"They know what they are doing and were so helpful and knowledgeable."

They are incredibly friendly and easy to work with. I've already recommended them to two other people and I'll be using them from now on if I have to serve papers again.* - Mike E.