Private investigation is something that many people have heard of but that very few really know the exact details of. There are some bits and pieces that everyone should know about private investigators that will help you determine what the truth really is.
- Private Investigators Have Access to Confidential Files- a private investigator have access to those files that are made public. This means that they cannot access police records that are sealed, they cannot access CIA and FBI files, they cannot access private servers and computers and so on. Some private investigators do have connections however that can get some information that may be sensitive.
- Private Investigators Can Tap Phones- investigators that are not with the police department or not part of an active police investigation cannot listen in on phone calls. Due to various privacy acts, this is not legal.
- Private Investigators can Hack Credit Information and Private Financial Information- this is yet another myth. Private investigators are still bound by privacy laws and other security safeguards and as such cannot access any information that is not part of a public record.
- Private Investigators Work Mainly Online- though many investigators will use online databases and information for their cases, many still do good old fashioned foot work to find the information they need. Public archives, newspapers, and courthouses can be a trove of information which can help propel a case.
- Private Investigators have Fancy Spy Equipment- there is a great deal of confusion between spies and PIs. Though a PI does work that might seem like something out of a spy movie, they are generally unassuming people that are not spies like in the least. Many are retired police officers or other workers that know how to track down information and compile reports that can help show you everything you need to know.
If you have any more questions about private investigators or investigations, contact Same Day Process today.